Female idols from around Korea competed in Mnet’s “Queendom,” which debuted in the fall of 2019 with an all-star cast.
The show ended with a dramatic “comeback war” between two former champions. Among the inaugural season’s competitors were Park Bom (AOA), MAMAMOO, Lovelyz, Oh My Girl, and (G)I-DLE Mnet also created spin-offs “Road to Kingdom” and “Kingdom: Legendary War” based on the success of the show, which featured competition amongst male groups.
Queendom Quick Facts
|Final episode date:||June 2, 2022|
|First episode date:||August 29, 2019|
|A number of episodes:||20|
Road to Kingdom (2020); Kingdom: Legendary War (2021)
Everything You Need to Know About Queendom Season 2 is Here!
In the second season of “Queendom,” Girls’ Generation’s Taeyeon serves as the MC.
- The first episode of “Queendom 2” will show on March 31 at 9:20 p.m. KST, according to a teaser clip posted on February 3.
- For the most part, we all enjoy watching television reality shows and programs. Sometimes, we may get tired of watching the same reality show repeatedly or seeing the same pattern repeated. I’d want to see a show that’s more like a singing competition.
- There is a singing competition, but don’t jump to assumptions just because you heard the word.
- Queendom, I’ve got a treat for you. Mnet Channel’s reality show Queendom has been airing since 2008. Thursday is the day the episodes air.
The show’s first season contains ten episodes, each lasting 90 minutes, except episode 10, which is 150 minutes long.
Episodes one and two of the first season were aired on August 29, 2019, and the last episode was broadcast on October 31, 2019. Six lady bands compete for the title of best in the country on the show.
In addition to Queen MC Lee Daa-hee, the show is hosted by Jang Sung-kyu (Dom MC). Six girl groups from Park Bom to AOA to Mamamoo to Lovelyz to Oh My Girl to (G)I-DLE star in the show.
When Can We Expect Season 2 of Queendom?
With a vengeance, one of the most popular reality shows has returned. On February 21, 2022, Mnet announced that there would be a second season of Queendom.
- The show will premiere on March 21, 2020, at 9:20 p.m. (KST), which is 5:50 p.m. in the United States (IST).
- They’re returning after a hiatus of over two years to keep their audience entertained with new shows.
- The contestants of Queendom 2 have also been unveiled to pique interest among the viewers.
- They are VIVIZ, LOONA, WJSN, Brave Girls, Kep1er, and Hyolyn, a former member of SISTAR who is now a solo artist. This is Mnet’s newest endeavor.
First Look at Queendom: Season One
Mnet’s Queendom season 1 was one of the network’s top offerings. They received a tremendous amount of support and appreciation from the audience.
- There were six girl groups in the first season of the competition. Park Bom, AOA, Mamamoo, Lovelyz, Oh My Girl, and (G)I-DLE were the girl groups.
- They all put up their best effort and stood together as a team. The inaugural season lasted from August until the end of October, lasting ten weeks.
- The three preliminary performances and one live comeback for each girl group were performed on stage.
- Comeback Singles were expected to be created for the audience to vote on, and the audience was supposed to give their votes after the performances.
- Nearly a week before the final episode, the Comeback Singles were released on October 25, 2019.
- The three preliminary performances were scored, and the champion was declared. Mamamoo was the season one winner, and Oh My Girl came in second.
- Comeback shows for the competition winners were allowed to sing new songs and other classics in any sequence they wanted.
- ‘Travel,’ Mamamoo’s eighth mini album, marked their return. They used a set of criteria to choose the winner.
- They need to earn the points above for each of the three preliminary levels for their record.
- Fifteen thousand points are awarded for a first-place finish, 10,000 for a second-place finish, and 10,000 for a third-place finish.
- Comeback Singles’ Digital points were counted from the release date, which was October 25, 2019, 23:59 (KST), until the end of the month, which was October 28, 2019, 23:59 (KST).
- Final live comeback stages, text message voting has a maximum of 50,000 points as a deciding factor.
Mamamoo took the top spot, followed by “Oh My Girl,” “(G)I-DLE,” “AOA,” “Lovelyz,” and “Park Bom,” with “Mamamoo” taking the second spot.
Contestants in Season 2 of Queendom
- The Bom-Dong Park
- How Could You Do That To Me?
The Second Season is Here
- Brave Young Women!
- In addition to Hyolyn
Is Queendom Streaming on Netflix?
To watch Queendom, you can watch it on Mnet and Mnet’s official YouTube Channel. The second season will soon be available to view, so keep an eye out.