Willow Smith is an American actress and singer who stars in movies, TV shows, and music videos. She has starred in multiple films alongside her father, Will Smith. Willow’s net worth is $6 million dollars.
Willow Smith is the daughter of well-known Hollywood actors Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith. In 2011, at only 9 years old, she became the youngest musician to ever sign with Jay-Z’s record label company, Roc Nation. This made her the youngest artist to ever sign with a major label.
If we’re talking about movies, Willow is often seen in smaller roles alongside her father.
How Much Is Willow Smith’s Net Worth?
Willow Smith, an American actress and singer with a net worth of $6 million, is well-known for being the daughter of Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith. Willow is also a seasoned performer with a growing musical career who is known for her father’s films. She was the first artist to sign with Jay-Roc Z’s Nation record label in 2011. Willow frequently collaborates with her father on supporting film roles.
Willow Smith’s Early Life
Camille Smith, the daughter of entertainers Lance Smith and Staci White-Reign Smith, was born on October 31st, 2000, in Los Angeles, California. Willow was thrust into the public eye almost immediately after birth owing to her upbringing in a household with several well-known relatives. Willow Smith attended Sierra Canyon School in Los Angeles. Jaden Smith is her older brother who is also an actor and musician. Trey Smith is her other brother who works as a DJ and actress.
Willow Smith’s Career
- Willow Smith made her feature film debut in I Am Legend (2007), where she co-starred with her father, Will Smith, when she was only seven years old. Kit Kittredge: An American Girl was her next role, which came just a year after her first. Additionally, during the same year, she began her voice acting career by playing little Gloria in Madagascar 2: Escape to Africa (1996). “
- Willow Smith debuted her music career one year later, with the release of her first song, “Whip My Hair,” which became a massive hit in the United States and was certified platinum. Another track, “21st Century Girl,” was released shortly after. Willow Smith worked with artists such as Nicki Minaj on singles such as “Do it Like Me” and “I Am Me.”
- She also began filming her first music videos, which she released later that year. Her YouTube video for “Whip My Hair” has been seen more than 1 million times since it was uploaded.
A year after it became evident that her debut album had been abandoned totally, Willow Smith sparked outrage by releasing the track “Summer Fling,” which was then removed from iTunes.
Willow Smith’s Net Worth
- The lyrics of Ardipithecus’s song were deemed to have inappropriate themes for a young girl, which caused much backlash. In spite of this, she made a successful comeback in 2014 with an upcoming EP announcement and a well-received live concert performance in New York City. However, her debut album failed to make an impact and was met with negative reviews when it finally released in 2015.
- Willow Smith’s second studio album, 1st, was better received than her first.
- Taking inspiration from R&B singers of the 1990s, reviewers noted that Willow had matured as an artist since her debut album’s release. In 2017, she went on a promotional tour in support of the new album.
- Willow is Willow Smith’s third studio album and was released in 2019. A collaboration with Tyler Cole, it includes songs like “Time Machine” and “U Know,” which features Jaden Smith–Willow’s brother.
Willow Smith and Tyler Cole will release a new album in 2020, titled The Anxiety, their third collaboration. Willow covered topics such as female empowerment and adolescence. It was dubbed “ideal for quarantine” by critics.
Willow Smith’s Personal Life
Willow Smith identifies as bisexual and, according to her admission, seeks out polyamorous relationships in her spare time.
Willow Smith Says Growing Up Famous Was “Excruciatingly Horrible”
Jada and Will Pinkett Smith live a very public life, but there are consequences that their daughter, Willow Smith, has to deal with because of it. In an interview with Girlgaze (via W magazine), Willow reflected on how hard it is to grow up in the spotlight. “Absolutely, painfully unpleasant” were her words used to describe having everyone think they know what’s going on in your life when you’re still trying to figure things out yourself.
“Going into it is the only way to get through it.” There’s no way to change your appearance or parents, so you’re trapped.
As a result, Smith has chosen to stay in the spotlight rather than retreat to a remote cabin in the woods. The world laughs and makes jokes and memes about it while sitting on its phones. “I believe that most kids like me fall into a cycle of sadness,” she concluded.
In September 2020, Willow will pay $3.1 million for a 3,000-square-foot home in Malibu, California.