The Undoing received a lot of praises from its viewers that they can not wait for Undoing season 2 to come. The show, written by David E. Kelly, is an American mini-series that first premiered on Netflix on October 25, 2020.
Besides Kelly, the show’s executive producers include Nicole Kidman, Per Saari, and Bruna Papandrea. No wonder the first season is a success.
The show was filmed in New York City and Kingston, New York. The team planned on filming on Shelter Island, New York, but was cancelled due to objections from residents, and so, the beach scenes were filmed on the North Fork & Long Island.
The Undoing season 2 release date:
HBO announced in March 2018 that they ordered the first season of the show and will start filming in New York in mid-2019. It was supposed to air in May, but the premiere date was pushed back until late October due to unforeseen circumstances. Because of that, we can expect the second instalment to release on HBO in the late winter or early spring of 2023 due to the production delay of the Coronavirus.
Is there going to be a second season of The Undoing?
There is no announcement yet, but good news for everyone. The portions that have already been broadcast have been highly successful for HBO, with reports increasing ratings for each episode and record-breaking audience levels outside the United States; it wouldn’t be hard for the network to decide for Undoing season 2 to happen.
What Could Be The Plot For Undoing season 2?
As we all know, the show is an adaptation from the titles of the “You Must Have Known” novel written by Jean Hanff Korelitz. The show’s first season ended in only six episodes, leaving no room for another story, making the fans confused if there will be another instalment. The creators haven’t released an official statement yet, but fans keep their hopes up and wish they will soon see the next season on their tv screens.
Who are the cast and characters?
Viewers will want to see Nicole Kidman still back in the second instalment, given that the show was truly all about her. Hugh Grant’s character as John Fraser will most likely return as well.
Below is the list of characters from the first season that can return.
- Édgar Ramírez as Detective Joe Mendoza
- Noah Jupe as Henry Fraser
- Lily Rabe as Sylvia Steinetz
- Matilda De Angelis as Elena Alves
- Ismael Cruz Córdova as Fernando Alves
- Edan Alexander as Miguel Alves
- Annaleigh Ashford as Alexis Young
- Fala Chen as Jolene McCall
- Tarik Davis as Michael Hoffman
- Michael Devine as Detective Paul O’Rourke
- Maria Dizzia as Diane Porter
- Rosemary Harris as Janet Fraser
- Vedette Lim as Amanda Emory
- Janel Moloney as Sally Maybury
- Matt McGrath as Joseph Hoffman
- Jeremy Shamos as Robert Connaver
- Tracee Chimo Pallero as Rebecca Harkness
- Jason Kravits as Dr Stuart Rosenfeld
- Donald Sutherland as Franklin Reinhardt
- Noma Dumezweni as Haley Fitzgerald
- Sofie Gråbøl as Catherine Stamper
- Douglas Hodge as Robert Adelman
- Adriane Lenox as Judge Layla Scott
- Connie Chung as Herself