The United States requires all incoming passengers to have a COVID-19 test result that is negative.
As the number of cases of the new Omicron variant rises, the United States has made it mandatory for all incoming passengers, including those from India, to carry a negative COVID-19 test report or proof of recovery from the contagiousness. HHS’ Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has announced that a new protocol will take effect on December 6th, the agency’s website states.
Officials from the Indian government informed Indian-American community leaders on Saturday that the COVID-19 testing requirements for passengers 2 years of age and older traveling to the United States have been updated. After December 6, 2021, passengers flying to the United States from a foreign country will need to show a negative COVID-19 viral test result taken less than one day prior to their departure, as mandated by the new amended order.
If a passenger has recovered from COVID-19 in the past 90 days, they must show proof of a negative SARS-CoV-2 viral test result from a specimen collected no more than one calendar day prior to their flight, according to NHS. An attestation that the information provided by air passengers is accurate will also be required, officials say.
The one-day period begins one day prior to the flight’s departure. Air passengers and aircraft operators will have more flexibility with this order, which uses a one-day time frame instead of the standard 24-hour window. Use of the 1-day window ensures that a test sample’s acceptability is unaffected by when it was taken or the time of day.
On a Tuesday, for example, passengers can board flight AI191/(BOM-EWR) with any negative test that was taken on Monday, according to the airline.
There were three new cases of omicron variant in New York on Saturday bringing the total number of cases in the state to eight. In New York City, seven of the new cases have been discovered. Mary Bassett, the state’s health commissioner, said in a statement that the omicron variant is here and that “we are seeing the beginning of community spread.”
On Saturday, New Jersey, Georgia, Pennsylvania, and Maryland all reported their first cases, and on Sunday, Massachusetts and Washington did the same.
Health Minister Satyendar Jain announced on Sunday, December 5, that a 37-year-old Tanzanian man had tested positive for Omicron, making it the first case of the new COVID-19 variant in Delhi. This is the fifth time in the country that this has happened. Lok Nayak Jai Prakash Hospital (LNJP) officials say that the patient is currently being treated for mild symptoms and has been admitted.
There have been so far 17 COVID-19 patients and six contacts admitted to Lok Nayak Hospital. According to a preliminary report, the Omicron variant has been found in one of the 12 genome sequencing samples so far. After returning from Tanzania just a few days ago, the patient is an Indian.” An official tells PTI that he’s suffering from mild symptoms.
“The patient’s travel history and contacts are being compiled,” he said.
An elderly South African traveler and a Bengaluru doctor with no travel history have become the country’s first two cases of the Omicron variant of COVID-19 in the state of Karnataka. Both men have received their full vaccinations.
Two men from India’s western state of Maharashtra and a man from Gujarat tested positive for the new variant on Saturday. LNJP Hospital is treating all Covid-positive international travelers, and a special unit has been set up to isolate and treat them.
“At-risk” countries include Europe, South Africa, Botswana, and China; the United Kingdom; New Zealand; Zimbabwe; Singapore; Hong Kong, and Israel according to the Union government.
Passengers arriving from countries deemed “at-risk” must submit to RT-PCR tests before they are allowed to leave the airport. In addition, two percent of passengers arriving from outside the United States will be randomly tested.
The Army has ordered a court of inquiry into the deaths of at least 11 civilians in Nagaland.
More than a dozen people were killed instantly when a truck slammed into a group of pedestrians, while several others succumbed to their injuries in hospital.
On Sunday, police in Nagaland’s Mon district said that at least 11 civilians had been shot dead by security forces and that they were investigating whether the incident was a case of mistaken identity. The exact number of deaths has yet to be determined, as 11 people were killed on the spot and several others died in Assam’s hospitals, a police officer told CNN.
Several daily-wage workers were returning from a coal mine on Saturday evening when they were involved in an accident, according to a police officer.
Soldiers from the Army were conducting an operation in the area after receiving information about Yung Aung faction NSCN (K) militants’ movements, according to an official who spoke on condition of anonymity. Police are investigating whether the incident was caused by a case of mistaken identity. The Yung Aung faction of the NSCN (K) is based in Myanmar, with which Mon shares a porous international border.
After the incident, Chief Minister Neiphiu Rio vowed to conduct a high-level investigation and urged all segments of society to keep the peace.
Opting, Mon’s tragic incident leading to the deaths of civilians is highly repugnant.” The families of those who died and those who were injured are in our thoughts and prayers. High-level SIT investigators will conduct an investigation and deliver justice in accordance with the law of the land. In a tweet, he made a plea for peace “from all sections.”
This incident claimed the life of an Army member, and several others were injured. Officials expressed their “deepest regret” over the tragic loss of lives following the incident, which is being investigated at the highest level. Ordered a Court of Inquiry into the killing on Sunday, December 5.
A specific operation was planned in the area of Tiru, Mon District, Nagaland, based on credible intelligence of the movement of insurgents. All parties involved are deeply sorry for the incident and its subsequent consequences. A statement issued by the Army’s 3 Corps Headquarters stated that “appropriate action will be taken as per the course of law” in the investigation of the tragic loss of lives.
Injuries to the security forces, including the death of a soldier, have been reported, according to the statement.
Stay tuned for more updates on Market Research Journals!